There are many common-sense steps that you can take to limit the spread of COVID-19. For 80% of cases, it is a relatively mild illness that does not require hospitalization. While there is currently no way to eliminate COVID-19, we can slow down its spread and protect our vulnerable population by:
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water (singing the Happy Birthday song twice will ensure you’ve scrubbed long enough).
- Not touching your face (mouth, nose, eyes) with your hands.
- Staying home if you feel sick until the illness is resolved.
- Covering all coughs and sneezes with a tissue and wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
- Staying away from others who are ill when possible.
Our prayer ministry group has been praying about the coronavirus epidemic for some weeks now. They’ve been petitioning God on behalf of those afflicted with the coronavirus, those treating the sick, as well as those working toward a cure or a breakthrough in treatment. If you’d like to submit a prayer request, whether it’s related to coronavirus or not, send an email to our prayer ministry team. To continue meetings that are important to the life of the church, we will have an audio/video conference call solution in place to allow people to come together from remote locations, should that be required.